- Physical Occupancy – Occupancy rates have increased across the country since 2009.
- Debt Coverage Ratio – Improved financial performance continues. The average housing credit projects in all 50 states and territories are operating above breakeven.
- Per-Unit net cash flow – Cash flow, while still modest in amount, has continued to improve; doubling over the last six years.
- 4% tax credit properties are performing as well as 9% credit properties.
- Properties set aside for senior tenants outperformed the overall portfolio by all measures in 2011 to 2012 (occupancy, DCR and per-unit cash flow).
- Only 18.6% of properties operated below 1.00 DCR in 2012; as recently as 2002 this figure was 35%.
- Larger properties (101-200 units/property) had the lowest incidence of underperformance.
- Financial performance was more heavily influenced by geographic location than any other factor.
Please click here for the article in its entirety.