Traditional insurance plans—premiums, copayments, deductibles and coinsurance—frequently create barriers to care and can inhibit the use of services – such as primary care – that benefit health and wellbeing.
HAND is pleased to partner with The Center for Nonprofit Advancement, VitalHealth, and Nonstop Wellness to support HAND members committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion with an opportunity to reevaluate their employee benefits package. Through VitalHealth, HAND members can provide their employees access to health care coverage (medical, dental, vision and life insurances) and retirement benefits at the best possible value.
WHO CAN ENROLL
Participation is only available to nonprofit members of HAND (with the exception of consultant members, who can access retirement packages). Medical plans are available to HAND nonprofit members with two or more employees working 20 or more hours per week. Vision, life and dental plans are available to HAND nonprofit members with one or more employees working 20 or more hours per week. Only W-2 employees at nonprofit members of HAND may enroll. Board members, contract employees and volunteers cannot enroll in VitalHealth.
HOW TO ENROLL
Open Enrollment begins in May 2023 and ends in June 2024. Participation in VitalHealth requires a separate application process and is not included with HAND membership. To take the first step towards signing up for VitalHealth, start by completing the inquiry form below!
VitalHealth is pleased to announce the medical carriers for 2023 – 2024 are Aetna and Kaiser Permanente. There are several plan options consisting of:
- High Deductible, Health Savings Account Plans available through Aetna or Kaiser
- Aetna with Nonstop Wellness
- Aetna PPO Plan
- Kaiser with Nonstop Wellness
- Kaiser DHMO Plus Plan- Unique plan with out of Network Benefit
Medical plans offer comprehensive coverage, including:
- A choice of several medical, vision, dental and life insurance plans from popular, national insurance carriers.
- Nonstop Wellness Program – eliminating upfront cost of deductibles, co-pays, and RX for employees
- Occupational & Physical Therapy
- Acupuncture/Chiropractic Services
- Infertility Treatments (limited)
- Wellness Programs
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Dental, vision and life insurance plans
- Guarantee issue (no underwriting), meaning your employees will never have to submit to a medical exam or questionnaire to receive coverage
- COBRA coverage
- Competitive rates
- Access to short- and long-term disability insurance
The nonprofit retirement plan space has typically had plans with higher costs and restrictions compared to corporate plans. The Association Retirement Plan levels the playing field by allowing nonprofits and consultant members to receive expert guidance, outsourced fiduciary liability, and access to institutional investments while also having reduced cost.
NOT READY TO ENROLL?
Not yet ready to enroll, but what to learn more? Fill out the inquiry form below to start a conversation with one of the Health & Retirement Program Coordinators!