In the meantime, we’ll be right here with you, rolling up our sleeves to do the important work of uplifting our communities. At the onset of COVID-19, HAND swiftly pivoted its focus to ensure that our members were equipped with tools and resources to fill in the gaps for our communities, as we realize that the most vulnerable among us will suffer the greatest impacts. We also remain committed to our mission, and have converted the Training & Capacity Building series into engaging virtual program offerings to ensure that members can still access educational content, even during these turbulent times. In the absence of the Annual Meeting & Housing Expo, HAND will be rolling out a suite of new member benefits while still preserving signature perks for you and your team:
- Members Only E-Lists – This will be an exclusive online space for you to dialogue with fellow members and share resources specifically related to COVID-19 and other topics.
- Virtual Housing Achievement Awards & Children’s Essay Contest– Who said we can’t host a virtual awards presentation?! This summer we will host the awards presentation via webcast to honor organizations and individuals that have provided outstanding affordable housing projects, programs, and support for low- and moderate-income residents. We will also hear from our Children’s Essay Contest winner!
- Housing Indicator Tool (HIT)– Over the coming months HAND will release this one-of-a-kind platform that will provide up-to-date information on housing production and preservation across the region. We also want to ensure the tool showcases the impact HAND members are making in our communities, so we will be issuing a survey to collect key data points from dues-paying members.
- Waived admission to HAND’s Training & Capacity Building Series – whether we’re virtual or in-person, this is STILL a great opportunity for office-wide professional development!
- Access to HAND’s communications platforms – Have an exciting announcement or industry news to share? Send it to the HAND team and we’ll help get the word out!
HAND is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that relies on the support of its donors, members, and partners to maintain its operations. The onset of COVID-19 has altered how we serve the membership, but we are dedicated – now more than ever – to supporting you in the provision of affordable housing and critical services for our neighbors throughout the region. We extend our sincere gratitude to those organizations that have already pledged their support as sponsors – your generous funding is helping to sustain internal activities and meet critical member needs in the midst of an evolving crisis. As you know, the coming weeks and months bring a level of uncertainty, but we are #AllInThisTogether and HAND is here to stay. We will continue to provide cutting-edge training content, a platform for building critical partnerships, and ultimately an opportunity for our neighbors to thrive.
HAND Board of Directors & Staff