Recognized as the industry’s networking event of the year, HAND’s Annual Meeting & Housing Expo hosts over 1,400 professionals working in various aspects of the affordable housing and community development sector in the Capital Region of Baltimore, Washington and Richmond.
Save the Date
30th Anniversary Annual Meeting & Housing Expo
June 25, 2021 | 9am – 3pm
Each year, HAND is pleased to welcome affordable housing and community development practitioners from across the region to its Annual Meeting & Housing Expo. This very special event provides our members and partners a unique platform to hear from industry thought leaders, connect with each other and celebrate the work HAND members are doing to create thriving communities. Additionally, the event hosts Housing Achievement Awards and Children’s Essay Contest presentation!
Notable speakers in the past have included:
- Sheila Bair| Former Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Ralph Boyd| Former President & CEO of the Freddie Mac Foundation
- Tom Bozzuto| Chairman of The Bozzuto Group
- Donna Brazile| Political Strategist
- Congressman Barney Frank
- Carol Galante| U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Assistant Secretary
- Rosanne Haggerty| Renowned Housing Strategist
- Senator Tim Kaine
- Senator Edward Kennedy
- Steven Pearlstein| Washington Post columnist
- Jonathan P. Rose| Developer and Innovator
- April De Simone| Co-Founding Partner of Undesign the Redline and designing the WE
- Former Maryland Lt. Governor Michael Steele
- Diane Yentel| President & CEO of the National Low Income Housing Coalition
IT’S YOUR TIME TO SHINE
HAND’s Housing Achievement awards recognize the most outstanding and innovative housing developments, programs and solutions across the metropolitan region. Enter your best work for a chance to elevate your organization, stand out among your peers and share with partners how you are contributing to building vibrant communities in the region.
HAND’s Children’s Essay Contest
Youth residing in HAND member properties are eligible to participate in our Children’s Essay Contest with a chance to win a $250 cash prize! In addition, the winner’s community program receives a cash prize of $250 for administering the contest and runners-up receive a $25 gift certificate!