R ecognized as the industry’s networking event of the year, HAND’s Annual Meeting & Housing Expo hosts over 1,400 professionals working in various aspects of the affordable housing and community development sector in Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland.
SAVE THE DATE
28th Annual Meeting & Housing Expo
June 11, 2019 | Washington, DC
Notable speakers in the past have included:
- Tom Bozzuto | Chairman of The Bozzuto Group
- Priya Jayachandran |President of the National Housing Trust; Former SVP of Volunteers of America
- J. Michael Pitchford | President & CEO of the Community Preservation and Development Corporation
- Diane Yentel | President & CEO of the National Low Income Housing Coalition
- April De Simone | Co-Founding Partner of Undesign the Redline and designing the WE
- Rosanne Haggerty | Renowned Housing Strategist
- Jonathan P. Rose | Developer and Innovator
- Donna Brazile | Political Strategist
- Congressman Barney Frank
- Senator Edward Kennedy
- Bart Harvey | Former Enterprise Community Partners Chairman
- Former Virginia Lt. Governor Tim Kaine
- Former Maryland Lt. Governor Michael Steele
- Carol Galante | U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Assistant Secretary
- Sheila Bair | Former Chairman of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
- Ralph Boyd | Former President & CEO of the Freddie Mac Foundation
- Steven Pearlstein | Washington Post columnist
- Robert Rozen | Partner at Washington Council Ernst & Young
Annual HAND Housing Achievement Awards
IT’S YOUR TIME TO SHINE
HAND’s Housing Achievement awards recognize the most outstanding and innovative housing developments, programs and solutions across the metropolitan region. Enter your best work for a chance to elevate your organization, stand out among your peers and share with partners how you are contributing to building vibrant communities in the region.
The deadline to apply is Close of Business on April 5, 2019. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
HAND’s Annual Children’s Art Contest
Youth residing in HAND member properties are eligible for our Annual Children’s Art Contest with a chance to win a $250 cash prize! In addition, the winner’s community program will receive a cash prize of $250 for administering the contest and runners-up will receive a $25 gift certificate!
2019 ART CONTEST THEME
This year’s theme is: “Working Together as One.” We encourage you to engage your students in exploring what it means to work collaboratively to achieve a goal. The contest is intended to help our youth reflect on their own experiences, and examples they see (or would like to see) of partnership, support and unity.
The deadline for submission of entries is Close of Business on April 19, 2019. Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.